• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Question about Milkshape

This topic is 4492 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know that Milkshape is not an industry standard, but I do have it registered and everything and I wanted to know what games were made with it in the past so I can get an idea of what some of my 3D models will look like. Also, I have heard a lot of not so good things about importing and exporting using Milkshape, are their any sites that could provide more info on that kind of stuff? Thanks.

Advertisement
i think it would more depend on the style and skill of the modler than the modleing program, also i dont think models are usally made in milkshape, there made in 3dsmax, lightwave or blender then milkshape is used to compile them togeter into a file thats can be loaded into a game.

Well as far as i know, milkshape is often (and only?) used by freegame, or mod creators.

Guest Anonymous Poster
It's generally used for CS mods so you should expect Half-Life 1 models, but as Kaze pointed out it's more based on the modellers skill. And it also depends alot on planning(Drawing the model, etc).

I've used it for about 2 years now, mainly for Half-Life related modding. I'd say, it's a nice tool for low-poly models but for some more power, something like 3ds max would be more usefull. I tend to see Milkshape as the assembly of modelling tools: it's powerfull because it gives you a low-level control, but it also takes more time to get a big job done. Then again, that depends a lot on the experience of the modeller.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement