• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Multiple Save Directories (VS 2005)

This topic is 4435 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm pretty new to VS.NET 2005, and I was wondering if there is a way that I can save a copy of my header and source files (C++ by the way) to another directory in addition to the project folder. The reason being that this folder is directly accessible over an internet connection so that I can access my classes from computers other than my own when I need to, and it would be quite tedious to copy the files explicitly to that folder each time. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
I don't know of any direct way to do this explicitly, but what you can do is setup a pre build or post build event to, say, run a batch file that copies the files for you. I've done this once or twice in the past.

It sounds like you're employing a limited, ad-hoc form of source code control. You may want to check out CVS and/or Subversion for a more powerful, standard, and IDE-integrated form of source code control.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement