• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
avocados

OpenGL new windows install, GLUT apps w/ textures are slow

This topic is 4586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just formatted the drive and reinstalled WinXP and the latest forceware drivers for this geForce 4200 ti. I'm not sure if its a newer driver than what was on there before. My GLUT apps without textures run just like before but anything with textures has about half the frame rate. I tried two commercial games I know use openGL and they work fine. Any ideas? V-sync is off as always.

Advertisement
Quote:
My GLUT apps without textures run just like before but anything with textures has about half the frame rate

try cout << glGetString( GL_RENDERER ) to see u have hardware acceleration (though it would be slower than half) also check the nvidia driver panels hints eg they might be different now than previously eg under the performance + quality settings, also reinstall glut (if necessary)

Its not openGL, its a driver problem.

In case someone comes across this post in a search some day, the nForce 5.10 for the nForce2 chipset seem to be causing problems for the 81.98 forceware drivers for the geForce. For now, I've got some two-year-old nForce drivers that are working better.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!