• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
cNoob

How to run a make.bat file

This topic is 4557 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a text editor which ive made currently it has save and load(*.c,*.cpp,*.h) functions. I am using this tool to create gameboy advance programs. i have a make.bat file already but now i need a way so when the user presses the menuitem for run it runs the make.bat and then opens the rom in an emulator

Advertisement
You must simply bind the 'menuitem' to run the batch file. More advanced text editors (those for programming) as well as IDEs provide ways to bind commands to menu items. Since you do not say which text editor you use, and I'm in a pranky mood, I'm going to tell you how to do this for Crimson Editor:

Tools menu > Conf. user tools

Create a new tool, tell it to use as initial directory the directory in which the batch file is, and enter 'make.bat' as the command name.

Voilà, you can now run with Ctrl-1 the make.bat file.

I think he says he's made his own editor. If that's the case, look out for functions like SysExec or ShellExec depending on platform and support libraries.

Quote:
Original post by doynax
Quote:
Original post by Sneftel
(I've just removed a bunch of offtopic replies)
Not to start yet another offtopic thread or anything, but..

Go ahead and start a new thread about it if you like. I'm pretty sure this one's about executing batch files.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!