• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
luasitdown

engine should call game development pack

This topic is 4669 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

engine include many stuff. physics mathematic ai ui terrain space part ....... it is more than a warpper of dx. dx just is a render engine.

Advertisement
I think you are confusing the disparate concepts of the game engine and the graphics engine.

Did you want us to confirm something? Dicuss something? Or was it just a general statement?

Quote:
Original post by Ravuya
I think you are confusing the disparate concepts of the game engine and the graphics engine.

do you mean the graphics engine is not belong to game engine?

Quote:
Original post by Endar
Did you want us to confirm something? Dicuss something? Or was it just a general statement?

I want you confirm something or correct something.

OK Then. Most engines that are called "game engines" include things for physics, graphics, input etc... But there are things called "graphic engines" that just do graphics and very little else. I have a thing I call a simple code base, but others try to call an engine. It is just a group of C++ classes that wrap OpenGL, though Direct3d and OpenGL compare. There are plenty of others who have made wrappers for D3D, OpenGL, and combined. These aren't engines, though you can use these to make engines.

Guest Anonymous Poster
yes, dx just is a render engine. engine include what you want, stuff is you mention good. free engine good like crystal space.

Generally people who speak english use question marks to indicate questions. You might want to start doing that. It'll make people better able to understand you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!