Xbox Game Engines

Started by
9 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 2 months ago
Hi there.... is there any game engines released that can build games to play on a hacked Xbox system. It would be cool to make a game and be able to play it on the xbox, so I was just woundering if any existing engines can simply be somhow compiled to run on an xbox?
There is nothing able to be imagined by one man that can not be achieved by many - Jules Verne
Advertisement
http://www.openxdk.org/
acording to xbox-scene there is no 2d or 3D support
There is nothing able to be imagined by one man that can not be achieved by many - Jules Verne
The Torque Game Engine works on the Xbox.
Quote:Original post by jyujinkai

I think you need to write your own routines to write to video memory.
People won't be able to port their OpenGL or D3D stuff to it.
Perhaps software renderer of Mesa would do.
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);

So it is said but I have seen a modded XBox with indie mini-games running on it, so I'm going to have to call them out on that.

Edit: On OpenXDK's homepage it says that video, sound, and input is provided by SDL.
That's what's nice about homebrewing on the dreamcast, we have 3D hardware acceleration. :D

Only 1D?
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Quote:Original post by KaptainKomunist
That's what's nice about homebrewing on the dreamcast, we have 3D hardware acceleration. :D

Hi there, I own a multimedia studio doing video production, motion graphics, and 3D animation. I have been looking all over for a resource to find people who are programming homebrew games for XBOX and Dreamcast. I don't know how to program, but I can make 3D graphics for the game and am looking for someone who might need some design elements.

I have some game ideas too, but I'm still trying to find out what format graphics have to be in for use in game dev. Are there any places anyone might suggest to go for info on this topic?

At some point, I hope to have a game division of my company and really want to become an official xbox developer, but I need programmers. So to start small, I just want to provide some pieces and parts to a programmer that is looking to collaborate on something and see how it goes.

Thanks for your time!

Ryan Mininger
Orange Peel Productions, Inc.
www.orangepeelproductions.com
Quote:Original post by Arild Fines

Only 1D?

Dont forget 4D!
I program in my sleep,but when I sleep I use the partition in my head that doesnt have g++ or the .net library, so im kinda screwed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement