starting to programming pocket pc..

Started by
1 comment, last by bzroom 18 years, 3 months ago
Hey, I decided to program for my pocket pc wich has windows mobile 5.0.. upon downloading and installing the mobile5.0 sdk i informed me that visual studio 2005 is required.. since i dont have that i decided to just programm for the mobile 2003 second edition.. but durring installation of that sdk it told me it needed embedded c++.. so i downloaded that from the microsoft website.. when installing that it needed a product key.. i downloaded embedded c++ free of charge and was given no key, nor could i find a place to aquire it any other way.. have i missed something? hopefully some one can set me straight.. thanks :P
Advertisement
yep ya missed something, the key is on th epage you downloaded it evc from neare the bottom.

Note: Use the following CD key when installing this software: TRT7H-KD36T-FRH8D-6QH8P-VFJHQ
I too had the same problem when installing that component, and then there it was.

I had messed with my pocket pc 2003 with VS.NET 2005 and it was a breeze. So I told my company to buy 20 of these pocket pc barcode scanners. They are pocket pc 2002 or windows CE 3.0. I had to find a windows 2000 machine to install all the old 3.0 tools correctly. My sql code won't translate because sql server ce 3.0 dosn't use the server in the conventional manner. I'm going to end up talking with a winsock to a base program which will interface the sql server 2000. It's been a real pain in the has and I just felt like venting...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement