My Senior Project - Game Design

Started by
2 comments, last by Pirosan 18 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I am doing my senior project on game design. The question which I am asking is "What are the psychological factors that go into the creation of a video game?" Something required from this project is to meet with a mentor, someone who conciders himself an expert in game design. I'm currently looking for my mentor, and so I have come here. If you feel at all interested in this mentorship (it would mean a lot to me) or if you know someone whom i may be able to contact, i would love to hear from you. If you do not want to post on the forum you can email me at rokkun@gmail.com. My name is Chris, i live in the bay area in California. Thank you for your time. I am highly anticipating working on this project. Chris
Bow before me... for i am l33t!
Advertisement
You should check out those "emotioneering" and "theory of fun" game design books, as well as my in-progress book.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Thank you for the suggestions. I am also looking for good resources for research.

Also, I am looking for close game development companies, that can help narrow my search so i can email some employees in order to get more connections and hopefully more possible mentors
I got "Game Design Complete" and "Creating Emotions In Games" at Barnes and Noble the other day, now all that is left is the mentor.

No one has any contacts? Remember, connections are everything, if you know anyone who might possibly be able to help me, it would be appreciated.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement