• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bluefire7002

taking game programming

This topic is 4704 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im interested in taking game designing, im probably going to go to Devry University to school. but someone told me that making games is pretty much doing math, or was taht game programming? can anyone who has gone to school lemme know how it was and how long did u go to school for? was it hard?

Advertisement
Game programming will include math. Game development, however, covers both programming and art/design/sound/production. You could get into games via one of the other sections and not meet much math.

yes, though obviously it depends what you want to end up doing. also i think programmers have an easier time getting a job than designers.

PC Gamer once had an article about how to get into the game industry, and it stated that there isn't an actual job titled 'game designer' or any job that just sits around all day and thinks up game designs(slight exaggeration, but you get my point) Can anyone confirm this?

I think that when people say 'game designer' they really mean a combination of things, including programming, sound, and art.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!