• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Desa

multisampling in GLUT

This topic is 4615 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know where I could find an example of using multisampling in GLUT? I've been able to get multisampling to work using GLee without GLUT but I don't know how to do the same thing with GLUT. Thanks.

Advertisement
It's been a while since I've used GLUT (really slow), but I thought it was just a question of setting up another pixel format with the WGL_ARB_multisample extension. Personally, I'd use Win32 when you want to attempt anything serious with OpenGL. You've got to learn it anyway someday...

IIRC the GLUT for win32 does not include support for multisample (I think I checked this from the source code) even though GLUT api includes multisample. Going for your own win32 code is probably a good idea (things like google and nehe may help).

In win32 supporting multisample is a bit tricky. You will need to create one window and ogl context without multisample first in order to get wglChoosePixelFormatARB function pointer. Then release the first gl context and close window and create new, this time with a pixel format chosen with wglChoosePixelFormatARB.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!