• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BornToCode

Really Quick Question, just to be sure.

This topic is 4707 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, i just want to know this.i know that if i have an Object in World Space and i take the inverse matrix of that object that it will bring back to it's Local position. Now let's say i used GetTrasnform to get the PERSPECTIVE Matrix, if i take the inverse of that it should bring me back to view correct. I just want to mkae sure that i am right, because i want to make sure that everything is in the same space. If anyone can help me that would be greatly aprreciated tahnk you in advance.

Advertisement
Yes, in general if you have a matrix that transforms from space A to space B then the inverse of that matrix will transform from space B to space A.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!