• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Samurai Jack

Poser models like Lara Croft in TR Legends?

This topic is 4699 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings! Is there a tool like poser that is able to produce models that could be used in a game with up to 8000 triangles (faces not quads)? I find poser very boring when it comes to clothing or customizing models and the polygon count gets exceeded by far very easily! Does anyone have a link to a good humanoid models that could be used for PRIVATE - NON COMERCIAL PLAY ARROUND? Thank you in advance!

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Perhaps MakeHuman would work. Never used it myself, just found it a few days ago.

MakeHuman URL: http://www.dedalo-3d.com/index.php

MakeHuman models are really, really high poly models. You'll have to do some poly editing, but it is a good way to get custom models easily.

Isn't MakeHuman a plugin for Blender. If it is the one I've heard of, you can just use blender to reduce the poly count. You then may have to touch it up, but it can be done that way.

It isn't that simple. If you want a clean model that is good for animation, you need to drop the polycount yourself.

Quote:
Original post by zer0wolf
It isn't that simple. If you want a clean model that is good for animation, you need to drop the polycount yourself.

That is true. I've used the method I mentioned, and it was easy to lose patience with it. As far as I know though, it would be the quickest way to do it. Or if you can model the human yourself, that is better.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!