• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

A little help PLZ

This topic is 4432 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im just starting from scratch for programing. I have no excperiance what so ever. I have 2 books comming and i have a question. What would be the best program to write C# in? If you could help that would be great.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Visual Studio. You can get the 2005 Express edition for free from Microsoft (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualcsharp/).

Run what? Run visual studios? No...all you need to run visual studios, is visual studios. (it should come with .net 2)

Of course...thats what its for. Visual Studios contains multiple languages, choose one. VB may be the easiest to start with.

Guest Anonymous Poster
You write code in Visual Studio, it makes it into a program (.exe) and then you double-click your program (or select 'run' from the menu) and viola!

C++

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Fallen God
Of course...thats what its for. Visual Studios contains multiple languages, choose one. VB may be the easiest to start with.

He said C#.

C++

When you have installed Visual Studio, don't forget to get the latest Windows updates. There are a few .NET ones and I'm sure a few others.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Fallen God

He said C#.

C++

are you saying C# means C++? If it does i mean C

No he didn't mean C# and C++ are the same thing. They are two seperate programming languages although they both originate from C. They (like just about all programming languages) have common "concepts" but the syntax are different. Syntax is basically the way you have to tell the computer the instructions(programming) to do the stuff.

Since you are just beginning programming I would reccomend C# to you just because, it is a fairly easy language to learn and it takes out most of the "bad" parts of C++.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hey hey hey, C++ is my sig :P.

Try learning either C# or C++. Since you already ordered C# books, learn that. C++ is very nice though. At the age of 10 I started C++ myself. But then again, some say it is bad to do that. I tried C# - its pretty nice... Try it, if you don't like it try C++.

C++

How in the world does an Anonymous Poster have a sig?

You might eventually need some libraries to add more functionality to C#, which is something else that you will need, but Visual Studies is enough to make a C# program.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I thought stuff in C# was 'deeeeeeeply' inlined?!? Ahh, I may be wrong... After all, this DOES go for C++ and C.

Sorry, can't answer your question for the sig.

C++

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Ezbez
How in the world does an Anonymous Poster have a sig?

You might eventually need some libraries to add more functionality to C#, which is something else that you will need, but Visual Studies is enough to make a C# program.

On the second reading of your post I cracked up so badly I forgot what I was about to code!

*Visual Studies* - Hahaha

(_No_ offence!)

C++

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by tyler_the_tyler
i think ill just try to learn C and then go on to C++

Thankyou

Rather, go for C#.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by tyler_the_tyler
i think ill just try to learn C and then go on to C++

Thankyou

Rather, go for C#.

Let's see this turn into a flamewar :D!

No, really, go for whatever you like.

C++

Dear "C++",

Might I strongly recommend you

a) register so you can use HTML and so forth; and
b) put something between your post and signature so as to avoid future misunderstandings?

:)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement