Chess Programming

Started by
0 comments, last by JohnBolton 18 years, 3 months ago
Hi all and Happy New Year! I have been trying to write a chess engine for sometime now! I have read almost all the articles online, however I am strugling this are few questions i would appreciate if you give me some help ok first of all I am using 12 bitboard to represnt each type of piece, I also have bitboard for empty space and whites. I am writting this chess engine in Java. Now my question is I have 12 bitboards, in order to generate move for a pawn do I have to create new bitboard just for this pawn? or how does it work! i cant get hold of move generation and where to store generate moves. i decided that i would generate all the moves when program loads. well i hope i did explain my problem well... any help would be good THANK YOU!! p.s. happy new year!
Advertisement
You can use bitboards for many different things. For move generation, you might have 768 bitboards (64 for each piece) -- it depends on how you want to do it.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement