3DS Max 6 - Newbie Question

Started by
4 comments, last by neilski_2003 18 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I have a question to show up my ignorance to you all. I am creating a 30 second animated sequence and have done all the animating etc, however i am unaware of how to actually render the entire animation. At the moment i can only view it in the previews etc. So the question is how do i render the animation at full quality? Cheers for your help in advance. Neil
Advertisement
I'm a Maya user, so I can't tell you exactly, but look in the Help for Batch Rendering.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Well, you should be able to go to the "Render Scene Dialog" (one of the teapots) and get your settings straight there.

Make sure your "Time Output" will render all the frames you're looking for, that the size is right, that you're rendering to a file, and not just to nothing (and I've done that before), and that it's the right filetype/etc. Render in Production mode (vs Active Shade) and set the viewport... then hit Render. And, of course, there are four other tabs of information that you can adjust.

Does that help?

Also, F9 is the shortcut for rendering, but it will render in whatever mode you're set in. I think the other teapot has a dropdown that lets you choose between Production and Preview.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
take these steps.
1. press F10
2. check - active time segment
3. under render output click on Files....
4. name your video and choose .avi from the "Save as type..." section.
5. choose your resolution, for a video 320x 240 should be enough.
6. press render.

i'm assuming you ment you wanted to render your animation as a video file, if so the above steps will do the trick.

[Edited by - Jarrod1937 on January 3, 2006 1:33:54 PM]
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
F10! I knew there was a shortcut to bring up the dumb menu. r+
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
thank you all very much.

i did this funny thing called 'reading' last night and funnily enough found the answer myself also.

Your responses however are all very much appreciated and had i not decided to actually be proactive for a change would have taken me right were i wanted to go.

Thanks very much.
Neil

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement