• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[java] Got game?

This topic is 4417 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! What projects (hopefully a game of some sort) are you working on now (heck, it's the new year!)? I've got an educational game underway (math and spelling type stuff) and wanted to know what and how you are using Java to entertain your audiences? Thanks a bunch!

Advertisement
I'm working - for a year now - in a clone of Final Fantasy Tactics. It's been a while since we wrote the first draft of the design paper, but we intend to deliver multiplayer battles, instead of AI-driven oponents, at least for a start.

The project goes on at a slow pace, because all involved developers - a few friends from the web, each one from a different country :p - also have their own lives to take care of, and it's quite hard to find a spare time to work on it, but it's still going on.

It's name is Battle Tactics Arena , and we are using JME on top of LWJGL, Java NIO for the network, and other minor libraries for trivial tasks, such as XML with JDOM.

Son Of Cain

Wow! Looks great! I like the design doc too. Is this the original design doc or have you modified the doc to match any new found (or removed) scope features?

Thanks for the response!

It's rather old... and it's a bit incomplete, since there is a lot of information tied to diagrams that I plan to add later. No planned feature has been removed, however, and the devs communicate through the mail list when planning how to implement most of the features delegated to them.

It needs a rewrite, tough... But only when I come back from vacations ;)

Son Of Cain

FYI, the webstart doesn't work for me.

"Category: Launch File Error The field <icon>href has an invalid value: img/webstart.jpg"

Java 1.5.
WinXP SP2.
P3.8ghz
2gig ram
Radeon X300

I'm currently working with J2ME developing mobile phone games. It's working out quite good. The games have to be small so the length of each project is quite short.

You can see how it looks currently at www.arcticbluegames.com.

It still needs a little bit of work in the artwork department but the code is complete.

Greig

Quote:
Original post by Funkapotamus
FYI, the webstart doesn't work for me.

"Category: Launch File Error The field <icon>href has an invalid value: img/webstart.jpg"

Java 1.5.
WinXP SP2.
P3.8ghz
2gig ram
Radeon X300

Sorry for the delay on posting, I was out on vacations. Yeah, it is not suposed to work because there's no playable demo as of it, it is just a test for the ant target that builds and signs everything; But as I can see, there's a problem with the JNLP file. Thanks for spotting ;)

Quote:
Original post by Greig Hamilton
I'm currently working with J2ME developing mobile phone games. It's working out quite good. The games have to be small so the length of each project is quite short.

You can see how it looks currently at www.arcticbluegames.com.

It still needs a little bit of work in the artwork department but the code is complete.

Greig

Looks fun! I like the web page too.

Well, I've created a game called Treasure Digger, right now I'm making levels for it. As soon as I make 20-25 levels I will release it. Screens on my web page Click

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement