WIN32 Problem; please enlighten...

Started by
1 comment, last by VGASteve 23 years, 3 months ago
I''m writing a graphics program (Non-MDI) with the Win32 API. The program has a statusbar and scrollbars, but when I use them together on the SAME window, the statusbar gets pushed up ABOVE the bottom scrollbar. I''ve checked my code against dozens of other examples across the internet and on MSDN, and it SHOULD work. The only thing I can think of is that I need to create a child window with no titlebar, place it in between the menubar and the statusbar, and apply the scrollbars to IT instead of the main window. Does this sound anywhere near close? If you have experience with this sort of thing, please point me in the right direction... I''ve been looking for the solution for around a month (on and off) now!
Advertisement

Well, it''s been a long day, and I still haven''t found any helpful information out there... If any of you Win32 wizards know what I have to do to get scrollbars and a statusbar to peacefully coexist in the same window, PLEASE feel free to say something!!!
If I were you - I would create a child window and give this child scrollbars. I think this is the only way to do it, unless you want to create scrollbar-windows.

Have you tried the Spy++ program that came with MSVC?
You can check other applications for it''s windows & child-windows, messages and stuff. Real usefull for these kind of problems!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement