• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

A* Testbed

This topic is 4432 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm looking for a testbed to write an A* pathfinder. I need something that: i) Works on nodes/grid system. ii) Is 2D. iii) Has a user controlled character. iv)Is in C++ I dont mind adding start/end position code and other bits and bobs on my own. I know i could probibally write this myself, but i hate writing stuff like this and know i'll make it take too long and not work and so on and so forth. if anyone has something handy or the address of something that'd be great!

Advertisement
just write a simple ascii art pacman ...that should be a great testbed for A* =)

Quote:
Original post by glSmurf
just write a simple ascii art pacman ...that should be a great testbed for A* =)

beaten. pacman's always a good game to learn to code, teaches you all kinds of tricks, and it's such a fun game to play around with. You can even write different pathfinding algorithms and stick each on with the different ghosts just to see how well each performs.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement