• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RCBricker

IF I was looking to hire a dev team how would I...?

This topic is 4522 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

communicate the game idea to them? create a communication policy that will allow us to communicate with as little misunderstanding as possible? and should I hire one team to do the whole game or should I seek separate teams that specialize in different areas of production?

Advertisement
Write a design document. Have online meetings/confrences using a voip program like Teamspeak or Ventrillo. Look at test builds they produce. I'm no expert but those are some logical ideas I would use.

Also look into the general theory of "Extreme Programming" (aka "XP"). While I don't suggest that you force that particular methodology on the team, I do suggest you use their approach to communication between customer and implementor. You would probably be playing the role of "customer" as well as "tracker" with XP terminology (if you want to know where you stand, at least :-)

There's a couple of good primers here: http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/forsey/448/UBCSyllabus_2001.html

One of the Radical guys also teach Game Design at UBC, and was allowed to use their internal template documents as teaching material.

Allan

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!