• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Say

[java] What do i need to develop in J2EE?

This topic is 4527 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know J2SE now i want to past to J2EE, what do i need? I would to develop with Websphere of IBM, where can i find it? Can you indicate me the correct link? I've tried to download it before 800mb but it miss something infact if i try to create a new java project it start something but not java files. Do i have to configure it?

Advertisement
Well Say, all servlet containers need configured. I've used nearly all of them and with out a doubt, your success depends on your willingness to read the product documentation.

A word of advice would be to start with something like Tomcat5. It's fairly easy to install and has some nice features. If you want learn some EJB programming go with JBoss (the same group of people with different names wrote both).

Finally, a word to the wise. Take your time and read the installation and configuration documentation. Both Tomcat5 and JBoss have excellent docs. You'll be impressed with the step by step install that works nearly every time.

Good luck! (Oh, as far as Websphere, it is a wonderful container. But anything you learn on Tomcat5 and JBoss will be fully supported in Websphere. They both hold true to the J2EE specifications for servlet containers).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!