• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Newbie student, tight schedule

This topic is 4434 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hallo, I'm Bodine, I'm a high school student who knows pretty much nil, an' I want to create a small, playable video game (Or portion thereof) within about 20 weeks of this post. (School project, independent study.) I see this site will be very useful an' I will be using any information it can offer, but I am not a programmer nor designer. I'm not even a gamer. I was hoping, therefore, that someone would be patient enough to help, anyone would have tips to save time or anything of that sort, or perhaps anyone would have the patience (A lot of it) to guide me along a little. By the way, I'm not normally so formal, but it's my first post an' I should make it pretty. Thank you, Bodine

Advertisement
To what software do you have access? If you can get a hold of Flash or Director, those can be excellent platforms to develop games on without too much prior knowledge. Otherwise, why don't you give us a list of what you do have available and we can help you from there.

Bodine, you may want to check out Python and PyGame. Python's much easier to pick up than C or C++, and you'll be able to do a lot easily with PyGame.
Quote:
Original post by Bodine
By the way, I'm not normally so formal, but it's my first post an' I should make it pretty.

Keep it up. Your "an'"s aside (doesn't it take just as long as typing "and"?), that's pretty much the level of proper grammar that's expected here.

To continue with what has been said.

Look into: Flash, Game Maker, Multimedia Fusion, Pygame, DarkBASIC, Blitz Basic

Try RPG Maker? It's very commonly available, and you don't need to program stuff at all. Just have to design the game, and it's playable. ^.^ Definitely can be done in your amount of time allocated.

If you need to do programming, I think Flash is the next best thing.

(About grammar: 'an'' is habit, I'll do my best to cut it out.)

I have what I think is an outdated version of Flash (5), and that's about all by way of programs. I have a (usually) functional computer, running Windows (ME I think. I'm not on my own computer at present.)

Python? I heard about that but I don't know it well. I'll look into it.

Thank you for all your help!

~Bodine

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement