Animated gif's

Started by
4 comments, last by Luke Hutchinson 18 years, 3 months ago
I have got a program that outputs an image ever second for a minute of the simulation. but that level me with 60 images. I was wondering if there is a way to write a animated gif file from with in the program or i there is a libary of function that allow uses of animated gif files. If anyone could suggest a way of doing this or another way of outputing the animation.
Advertisement
Animated GIFs are limited and outdated. Unless you need them to display on old computers' web browsers, I'd suggest sticking to AVIs (which will quite happily run at 1 FPS).
Just name them sequentially in any format, and then have a gif animation program assemble them, and set them to a second delay each. Just make sure you start with 01.xxx or 00.xxx, and not 1,2,3,4 because they'll be out of order in the file list.
is there a way of writing out to a avi file straight for the program. i have only ever written tga images files
You can also write your tga files out to an AVI, just get the right program to do it. Windows Movie Maker maybe? (free program)
FFmpeg library sounds like what your looking for Jammy5202.

I've only ever used it under Linux and Cygwin, but i think it has been ported to native Win32.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement