• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Taha Ansari

Compiler unable to write to pdb files using IncrediBuild

This topic is 4667 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using IncrediBuild (IB) to build my projects. Often, when I clean and rebuild using IB, it displays the error that it is unable to write to <prjName>.pdb. This problem is resolved when I manually check off read only flag for each .pdb file. I would really appretiate it if I could know a proper way of doing this - via compiler settings etc. so that it wouldn't automatically set the files as read only. Thank you in advance.. [EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm using IncrediBuild 1.31a and Visual Studio 2003]

Advertisement
Wrong forum, as this probably concerns Visual C++ 2003(PBD files are not generated by the C#/VB compilers).

I flagged your post to have it moved. Also, you have more chance of getting a solution there.

Toolmaker

*shrug* probably right. It's certainly unlikely to get fewer results in General Programming than it has here. Moved.

<ahem> I know its being lazy to manually check off 'read only' on each file, but there has to be proper solution, or maybe the reason itself which is leading to this behaviour..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!