• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Megafox

SDL error LNK1561: entry point must be defined

This topic is 3747 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi folks. Im sure you guys are groaning right now and I dont blame you, because this is another linker error when using SDL. I have trawled the net for hours looking for a remedy to my problem which included looking at all the article here as well. I have tried EVERY suggestion to no avail ( take my word for it.) Funny thing is i used to use C++ 2005 beta with SDL a few weeks ago and i never had a problem, UNTIL i switched over to VC++ 2005 Express. Is there an inherent problem with express and SDL configuration? Anyways here are my code snippets. // #pragma comment(lib, "SDL.lib") #pragma comment(lib, "SDLmain.lib") #pragma comment(lib, "SDL_TTF.lib") #include "C:\SDL_LIB\include\SDL.h" #include "C:\SDL_LIB\TTF\SDL_TTF-2.0.7\include\SDL_ttf.h" #include "defines.h" // int main(int argc, char **argv) // Multithreaded /MD has been set as well as the proper paths in the VC++ directories. Please help me!

Advertisement
Did you try to change the character set to MBCS from Unicode? (Project Properties/General/Character Set)

I got the "entry point not defined once" and (as far as I can remember it) my solution was a little strange--linking SDLmain before SDL did it. I'm not even sure the linking order makes a difference (someone else can confirm) but if it does then that might be it.

I don't remember the whole episode very well now though, so if it doesn't work don't be disappointed. [smile]

I actually got it working. I just recreated a new project with all the required settings, pasted my code and it worked. Very strange indeed.

> SDL error LNK1561: entry point must be defined

I was getting this error as well , but I found out that I did not specify the correct library folder and was getting this error.

Just an FYI !!!!

Hi
I had the same problem. Make sure that your project is a Win32 application (with or without a console). Thats how I fixed the error.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!