• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tonymontana

Switching between debug and retail in directx 9.0 december 2005

This topic is 4523 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i was using directx9.0 december 2005 in debug mode.After i have finished my project ,now i want to test it in retail mode.Unfortunately i could'nt switch.i have uninstalled debug mode.and installed the directx again.But it didn't asked me for making choice between debug and retail.How can i change the mode?

Advertisement
Start -> Control Panel -> DirectX.

There should be a radio selector in the right top of that window allowing you to switch between debug and release.

Heres a picture:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

thanks:) but it says i am using retail version there(on control panel->directx).but when i use dxdiag to see if there is any problem it says that i am using debug version of d3d9d.dll

I think you've got a little muddled up [smile]

dxdiag will list all the files included in the DX installation - that is, both retail and debug. It'll emit a warning about the debug ones (as well as beta iirc) because they shouldn't be there on a normal end-user machine.

They won't do your program or your system any harm by just being there. I've not tried it in a long time, but I don't think you can get rid of them without uninstalling the SDK.

If the control panel applet says 'retail' (as you say it does) then you should be set to go.

hth
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!