• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Tower Defence game released

This topic is 4385 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi ppl. We have just released our new game - Tower Defence. Here is screen: http://www.towerdefence.com/scr/001big.jpg And demo: http://www.towerdefence.com/TowerDefence.exe Let me know what do you think about it, and if there any troubles with your system. All the best

Advertisement
Game looks pretty, but there's a fatal flaw:

D E F E N S E.

(While there techinically is a word Defence, it's typically not used in this manner, oh English.)

Ah well I guess that makes sense ;) I just wanted to pick on you. Great looking game though, keep up the good work.

Quote:
Original post by ciroknight
Ah well I guess that makes sense ;) I just wanted to pick on you. Great looking game though, keep up the good work.

Thanks! :)

Very nice!
I like it a lot! Always thought there should be a stand-alone tower defense game.
Very polished as far as I noticed, could use some better lighting on the graphics side, but I guess that's already on your list :)
I like the warcraft3 look & feel aswell.

Good job!

Specs:
Pentium4 2.4ghz, GeForceFX 5900, Windows 2000 Professional SP4

Ran without any problems

Regards,
/Omid

I've been playing it for the last hour and it's pretty good. The help at the startup doesn't explain some things well enough, such as the point of fire and ice magic. I'm really amazed at the quality of the game though, it runs really well and looks fantastic. Still, I don't see it as being worth nearly $30 on a CD. $20 on a CD might be more reasonable. $10-$15 for a downloadable version is fair. I know I'd pay $10 just to support independent and startup developers.

Spybot SD thinks that your demo contains some malware program called tscash. I'm going to assume it's a false positive. But you'll want to get that straightened out, since a lot of technical people use Spybot. And appearing to have malware is not good (and tscash looks pretty bad).

[edit] I think it's the TeaTimer part that's detecing the malware. If you want to recreate the problem, just run the installer, or the insalled game a warning should pop up. Be warned spybot seems to delete the offending file. I haven't been able to make any of my other programs detect it as malware, so it may just be a prolem with spybot[/edit]

[Edited by - Cocalus on January 5, 2006 3:20:53 PM]

Heh, looks quite good and plays fun. At first glance it didn't look like being too tactical, but with those road shapes and experience points it's quite fun. It does sound somewhat too expensive for a game that only offers 5 or 6 extra levels (and I don't know what extra towers and powers will be available, perhaps a preview screen would be good here?), but it plays fun and actually tempted me to spend some money on the internet. :)

I agree, introducing new things could've been done more smooth. The experience is introduced fine in the second level, but ice, fire and poison aren't. I found out ice and fire to be pretty efficient but poision much less, which makes me think... are certain enemies more vulnerable to poison than others?

Also, and I mentioned that before, what other stuff will be in the full version? Branched or multiple paths? Enemies immune to ice or fire (lava or ice monsters :))? Thunderstorms (shorten sight of towers or possibly harming monsters) and rain? Different upgrade branches (e.g. specializing towers in range or damage, or such)? I'm just brainstorming a little because I like this game. :)

Oh, and bytheway, could you keep the highscore in-game? It's not so comfortable to suddenly get out of the game...

Congrats Mr. Arthur Ostapenko on gametunnel.com "Game of the Month." I hope you get lots of sales.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement