• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
willthiswork89

So Many Tiling Engines!

This topic is 4611 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive did like 5 tiling engine, each one with its advantages and disadvantages... but they were glitchy... it wouldnt stop at the edge of the map, it was not smooth scrolling. i couldnt move my camera around... all these things are kinda dragging me down... i thought about building my own but all the smooth scrollers ive seen... well most of the links in gamedev were shut down.. googling Smooth Scrolling Tile Engine was bringing up a bunch of broken links. so i was wanting to know if sombody had a good link for a smooth scroller.. i suppose any c++ code i could translate but.. thanks for your time

Advertisement
BTW, if you do more googling on Smooth Scrolling, there are some nice examples avaliable. Take out the Tile Engine in your search query and add in OpenGL. Here's the page I'm referring to. Download and run the Smooth Scroll Win32 package for a neat demonstration.

If your looking for just the theory of smooth scrolling, and not so much rendering code, check this out Smooth Scrolling. Honestly the best way to start, would be to make you own engine, but that is just my two cents...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!