Need ideas for small projects, graphics/maths related

Started by
1 comment, last by ToohrVyk 18 years, 3 months ago
Hey everyone, What small projects should I make to increase my knowledge of graphics/maths programming? Recently, I have made (In no particular order) -A 2D mesh editor -A 2D top-down leafy bsp tree viewer -Interpolation, given any number of points, it smoothly interpolates between them -A 2D texture packer, arranges squares of various sizes to fit in a given square -2D pathfinding, Dijkstra's method -A DirectX-based GUI -2D rigid body polygons Any ideas what I should make next? Also, scince I am making all of this in VB.NET and there are not many VB.NET samples for things like these, if anyone wants the source code, I will post it.
Advertisement
Raytracers are always good exercises. They're easy to design in terms of code, and there's plenty of room for learning various graphics techniques and mathematical models. If you enjoy doing a basic raytracer, you can do a more complex system that includes global illumination effects as well, and dig into some of the deeper maths behind lighting systems and techniques.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Nonlinear least squares, and plotting a differential surface.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement