• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Chris_N

Directx animation

This topic is 4608 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello. I decided that I will use .X format for animation. I only have one question, how can a export out separate clips from maya, I want to have a structure that looks like this: player.x( Mesh data, plus frames+skinning information), and then player_jump.anim, player_shoot.anim. Is this possible. / Christoffer

Advertisement
I believe you would just export the original mesh with those animations to .x files. They will contain the vertices still, but all you need is the bone information. You could then strip out the vertex data. Or, if you get the right exporter (don't know if one exists), it may allow you to just export bone data without vertex data. I know that there are animation sequences available on the internet that contain just the bone transformations. You would just match up the arm bone in the sequence to the arm bone in your model for example. I can't remember where you get those, but 3dcafe.com might have some.

Sorry if any of this is incorrect. I haven't done animations in a long time and never did them this way, so I might be wrong.

Good luck,
Chris

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!