• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How to create a new Texture from an existent Texture?

This topic is 4434 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How to create a new Texture from an existent Texture I have a bitmap file, first I created a Texture from a bitmap file by using function D3DXCreateTextureFromFile(). Now I want to create an another Texture from the existent Texture, and the new Texture's content is the existent one's bitmap but be rotated 15 degrees. For Example: the existent Textures have a horizontal line "-" on it's center , from the old Textures I can create another three Textures by rotating different degrees, and the another Textures looks like "\", "|" or "/" . How to do this? I only want to create a series of sequential Textures from one Texture, not to rotate a point with Texture in 3D matrix. at last, the example I rotate a Texture bitmap around Z axis, if it can be work out,then how to do this around X axis or Y axis? Thanks:)

Advertisement
I found some demos that rotate images:

CodeGuru demo
CodeProject demo

Now all you have to do is adapt those algorithms to operate on a texture's pixel data. If you have trouble locking textures, check out this KBase category. This part should be pretty straighfoward. Just create a blank texture of the same size and format as the loaded texture, and then run the rotation algorithm on the loaded texture, copying it into the blank one.

Quote:
Original post by circlesoft
I found some demos that rotate images:

I will try it.

Thanks your help :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement