• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SirKnight

Restoring video modes

This topic is 6429 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Whats the function to restore windows original display res and stuff after an opengl program is run. I need to put this in my OpenGL class i made because if i run my opengl program in a diff res than my desktop, my desktop will stay at that res when my opengl program closes. Earlier it scared the hell out of me. I just wanted to see what opengl was like in 320x240 mode. Well after i did that and noticed how crappy it looked, i closed my app (its running in fullscreen BTW) my desktop stayed at 320x240 and i was only able to see a very small part of my screen. It was so small i couldn''t see anything to change the res back. But i WAS able to edit my code (boy was that hard) in that res to change the desktop back to my original 1024x768. -SirKnight

Advertisement
If you are using ChangeDisplaySettings() to change the resolution initially, then you can just do a:

ChangeDisplaySettings(0, 0);

to change the display settings back to the original value.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!