• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

card_magic

Open GL problems.

This topic is 6343 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay... sorry if this problem seems remedial to you all. I''m in a computer graphics course at my university right now, and I''m having problems using openGL. I''ve downloaded and set up the OpenGL header files and libraries. But when I try to compile (using the free Borland C++ 5.5 command line compiler) I get the following error with my Glut.h file... Error E2337 g:\programming\borlan~1\include\gl/Glut.h 140: Only one of a set of overloaded functions can be "C" Okay... so I commented out the line in the Glut.h file, and recompiled. I get the following error then... Error: ''G:\PROGRAMMING\BORLAND C55\BIN\GLUT32.LIB'' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF) Now.. My professor said he was having problems getting this to work on an NT machine, but it worked fine on a 98 machine. I''m currently using Win 2k pro edition. Does that have anything to do with it? Do I need to d/l some new files here? He eventually got the NT version to run, but his problems were nothing like what I''m finding here. If anyone truely wants to help me, I can email you the code to the program. Its a really simple color drawing program.. nothing very advanced yet. You can directly email me at a1267@truman.edu. Thanks in advance, -Jim

Advertisement
Hi, it might be that your library is not compatible with the Borland compiler. AFAIK, the libraries for MS compilers have to be translated with a special tool for the Borland compilers.

Hope this helps,

MK42

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!