• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nexis

render problem from overlapping windows w/ directx

This topic is 6431 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been working on a windows based editor using mfc and directx and I've almost got everything finished. Howerver, I'm still having problems with windows that overlap with the editor as well as dialog boxes within the program. Specifically, any other window that is on top of the program is drawn over by the editor (the directx part). The dialog boxes appear fine, but leave white marks whenever they are moved out of place (but only after being moved more than once oddly enough). The directx portion is contained within a cview window and it is currently called from within the funtion "OnDraw". I tried using "OnPaint" which originates from the WM_PAINT message but then even the dialog boxes are drawn over and so everything is hidden. Can anyone help me out here? Code would be especially helpful. Edited by - Nexis on January 11, 2001 5:00:19 AM Edited by - Nexis on January 11, 2001 5:01:33 AM

Advertisement
Could you be a bit more specific there. Like where do I add this clipping window and how do I create one?

Got it, apparently I needed to attach a directx clipper to both the backbuffer and primary surface (the latter being the one I didn''t have).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!