Sign in to follow this  

[web] Make 360 degree panoramic images in flash

This topic is 4354 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, my problem is as follows: i have to do a panoramic horizontal images viewer (360 degree, using a collection of non-overlapping images taken at different predefined angles) in Flash, with the possibility to click on a subpart of the image in order to achieve something (e.g. change views). I know that this could be done easily (for a decent Flash programmer, i am not!) using scrolling. What i miss is this: i would like to be able to make complete 360 degree turns, or to turn to right and left forever, in principle. Mainly 2 questions: 1. It is possible to click on sub-parts of the overall image? 2. How can i manage the possibility to turn forever? Thanks u in advance!

Quote:
1. It is possible to click on sub-parts of the overall image?

I don't understand, why wouldn't you be able to click something?
You can capture the onClick/onPress/onRelease events to handle them.

Quote:
2. How can i manage the possibility to turn forever?

I guess the easiest would be to create a movie clip that serves as a container for the panorama picture. In that container you can place two movieclips: one containing the photo, a second one right next to it, again containing the same photo (it's a duplicate, so you'll only have to load the image once).
When you're scrolling (you probably want to use startDrag and stopDrag for this, so you can move it around with your mouse), everytime the photo leaves a blank space on the left or right side, you use the duplicate movie clip to fill up that space (just set its position using the x property):

viewing window
-----------------
............|...............|......
. | . | .
. | . | .
. | . | .
. | . | .
. mc 1 | . mc 2 | .
............|...............|......
-----------------

Use a mask layer to hide the parts of the movie clips outside the viewing window.

This topic is 4354 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.