Sign in to follow this  

Visual Basic 6 array

This topic is 4356 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a function that returns a 2 dimensional array. How would i be able to check how many items are in the first element? the 2D array returns a certain number of points. ie: value(0,0) - x value for 1st point value(0,1) - y value for 1st point value(0,2) - z value for 1st point value(1,0) - x value for 2nd point etc... how would i be able to test the value to see if say there are a certain number of point. say i need to do if value has 5 points then for i = 0 to 4 do something with value(i,0) do something with value(i,1) do something with value(i,2) next i end if

someone told me to do

on error resume next
then when i set a value for that point check to see if there's an error
if err.number = 0 then there is a point and continue, but there has to be a way to avoid errors, right?

if there's no other way i suppose doing that couldn't hurt...

ubound has a second optional argument that is the dimension you want to check - so for example:
for i = lbound(value, 1) to ubound(value, 1)
for j = lbound(value, 2) to ubound(value, 2)
do something with value(i,j)
next j
next i
end if

This topic is 4356 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.