AI in JOGL

Started by
6 comments, last by King of Men 18 years, 3 months ago
I would like to see some examples of AI in Java Open GL if possible. Does anyone know where I should look?
Advertisement
AI is generally independant of either Java of OpenGL (particularly the latter which has nothing to do with the AI). What are you hoping to learn from AI coded in that specific language and displayer with that graphics library?

-me
OpenGL is graphic language, not AI language. You must look at AI, or OpenGL.
Quote:Original post by Raghar
OpenGL is graphic language, not AI language. You must look at AI, or OpenGL.

Yes, I know. I am doing an OpenGL game but I want to include some AI in it and would like to see some examples of basic AI if possible. The following link on the gamedev site:http://nehe.gamedev.net/lesson.asp?index=06 is a good example of collision detection but there doesn't seem to be any lessons on AI there.
(Unless the collision of the balls against the walls is a form of AI)
I must stress I don't want to copy any code, I just want a general idea of how it works

It might be more helpful if you gave some indication of what you want the AI to achieve. There's an awful lot of AI techniques, and they're suited to different kinds of problems. A couple of good ones to start with are Minimax (which is useful for certain kinds of turn-based games like tic-tac-toe) and A* (which is commonly used for path-finding).

-Auron
Quote:Original post by Auron
It might be more helpful if you gave some indication of what you want the AI to achieve. There's an awful lot of AI techniques, and they're suited to different kinds of problems. A couple of good ones to start with are Minimax (which is useful for certain kinds of turn-based games like tic-tac-toe) and A* (which is commonly used for path-finding).

-Auron

I want to get two robots to bounce off each other if possible.
It sounds like you're looking for physics then...
You mean, you want to make the robots move such that they eventually hit each other? That sounds like pathfinding. However, your graphics (openGL) has absolutely nothing to do with your language (Java) or your AI (your pathfinding algorithm.) These are conceptually completely different.
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement