Sign in to follow this  

C and C needed on female model (nudity)

This topic is 4343 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is a female model, im not really sure where its going and only have a small amount of time to work on it becuase I am trying to get some game models out to some people. Any C and C is appreciated, ++ ratings for good help. Thanks. my pic, warning-nudity [Edited by - slowpid on January 28, 2006 8:14:57 AM]

cllicky

Overall, not too bad :)

Personally, she looks a bit too skinny. The top ones show an odd pose. I didn't clearly spot her shoulder blades on the back and I thought her chin looked a smidge too long.

Just my opinion but, I hope it helps!

I like it so far! :)

The kneecap on the bent knee goes up too high/is just too big. If the other one is the same size, it's also too big, but it's harder to tell when the leg is straight. The center strip of the nose might be a little too wide, but then that might just be my personal taste for narrower noses. The legs might be proportionally too long, but that's something better checked by measuring and comparing to a standard than just by eyeballing. She is quite skinny, but some people are. IMO it's important to have a variety of body types in the cast of characters for a game.

Very nice! The cheeks look a bit puffy... Perhaps they're pushed a bit too far forward. On the back of the legs, the calfs seem a little strange. I think they're a bit too short and kinda compacted and balled up. I'd say lengthen them downwards, and probably make them a little less muscular to compensate.

Ev has a good point on the back. There isn't a whole lot of definition, and with someone that skinny, you're bound to see some shoulder blades, at least.

While it's fine as is, I'll second the narrow-nose request (it looks great from the sides!).

And wow, she's skinny.

Keep that up! Looks very good.

Guest Anonymous Poster
IMHO the hips need to start higher up; they should start to flair out at the bell button level, maybe move the rib cage in or up a little. That's the magic....

Quote:
Original post by Mercury
You probably got about twice the amount of hits on this thread than you otherwise would have had you not used the "(nudity)" tag.

*takes note for future posts*

Well, Its my opinion that A.) nudes are the best way to learn both 3d and character design becuase bodies, especially deformations are particularly difficult and B.) I dont think eveyone who wants to see my model also wants to see nudity so I warn them.

Quote:
Original post by slowpid
Well, Its my opinion that A.) nudes are the best way to learn both 3d and character design becuase bodies, especially deformations are particularly difficult and B.) I dont think eveyone who wants to see my model also wants to see nudity so I warn them.
Shoot, it's the best way for just about any art. Of course, it's harder to find models, so you have to take figure drawing classes or the like. But it's so dang helpful.

Quote:
Original post by Mercury
Am I the only one who keeps getting a server not found error?

Check to make sure you don't have any programs that could be blocking it -- i.e. ZoneAlarm, Peer Guardian, SpyBot, etc.. I forgot once I had PG on, and it wouldn't let me load Ebay and a lot of other sites.

Quote:
Original post by Mattman
Oooh, she shaves ;)

well, iv'e never actually detailed that region before because I find it unnessecary, I did put nipples on but thast because often times, and in this case, they change the way cloth drapes over that area. Pubic hair, a butt crack and...other parts, wont add anything by adding and is more...obscene in my opinion. Not that its bad, but more than most people need to see, I personally dont like adding it anyways because in fact I dont like seeing it.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Great job! I recently started playing around with modeling myself...but the outcome is no where near as good as yours (mine looks like a deformed muppet). I've started with the Joan of Arc Tutorial, but I have a hard time once you get past creating the thighs(where the two legs meet up to form the bottom of the torso)...any advice?
Again, good job with your model!

Thanks for the kind words.

As for advice it really depends on what software you are using I guess, if your having a hard time is it because your not getting the shape you would like, or are you having troubles with the technical aspect of things (i.e. getting the mirror going, merging verticies and the like).

Feel free to post questions and pictures and if you aren't already signed up do that to. Well all get you going, or if you want send a PM with your questions, although its best to do a thread so others can learn as well.

Good luck,
slowpid

This topic is 4343 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.