Sign in to follow this  

Win32 - Modal Window

This topic is 4354 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have currently implemented a checkers game in win32/c++. I am fairly familiar with the basics , working with menus etc. Currently the game starts up as a pop up window , all settings are accessed through menu. I want to add another option in the existing menu , which would just analze the current state of the game and bring about comparisons , nodes generated / pruned etc. In short , i want to create a modal window which is invoked when the menu item is selected. I already have the functions which gather the required info. Could some one point me to some tutorials or give some guidelines / diffrent approach for the same. Thanks.

Normally you create a dialog box (it can be modal or modeless) then invoke it through the call to DialogBox () or CreateDialog () functions. When you click onto a menu item, your window will be sent a WM_COMMAND message, of which LOWORD (wParam) is the item's ID. You may look for details in MSDN.

This topic is 4354 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.