Sign in to follow this  

Problem using Asynchronous Sockets

This topic is 4353 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am currently in the process of writing a client/server using asynchronous sockets. Anyway whilst writing my server i have entered the following line of code. WSAAsyncSelect(tcpSocket, hwnd, WM_WSAASYNC, FD_READ | FD_WRITE | FD_ACCEPT | FD_CLOSE); If you want i can post the whole code but it seems a little pointless - anyway - the rest of it seems to work but i keep getting the following error returned c2065 'hwnd' undeclared identifier. Can anyone tell me why? I am running Microsoft Visual c++6 if that makes a difference. I am including winsock2.h, iostream, stdio and using namespace std. Cheers for any help you can give (PS I posted in here because the use of asynchronous sockets seemed peculiar to network programming even if it is a general programming error - sorry if its in the wrong place)

ok - so how do i set one of those up - is it a complicated process or just a simple thing?

I do apologise but this is all new to me so if you could just point me in the right direction.

All the stuff i have found just says thats what i need to include, and not really how to do it!

Cheers
Neil

This topic is 4353 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.