Sign in to follow this  

autoplay menu authoring tools

This topic is 4350 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi folks, I have been searching for a tool to author autoplay menus, such as is common in games; you insert the disc, it pops up a skinned window offering options such as: Play or Install The Game View Other Demos View Release Notes View PDF Manual ... etc. I at first thought it would be a feature of some of the Installer tools (InstallShield, WISE, etc.), but looking at their feature sets, I was unable to find any options related to this. Ideally, this tool would be able to author a cross-platform solution for both Windows and Macintosh systems. Has anyone seen such a tool? Or are development houses simply writing their own each time? Thanks, mike

I think most games use DemoShield (Macromedia ?) to make their autoplay menus. There are other software (even free one) but I don't know any name. Maybe you should search on sites like zdnet and tucows, there should be a section for such programs (I would say it should be a subsection of multimedia applications).

Hope it helps.

This topic is 4350 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.