Game Year in Review: 2010

Started by
1 comment, last by u235 18 years, 3 months ago
Hey, i was just surfing the net during my lunch break when i came across this little article on wired news. It appears to be a spoof, but i still cant help but wonder if this is how the rest of the world really views the game community as a whole. see more here. [Edited by - grazie on January 12, 2006 3:13:13 AM]
Advertisement
Could you elaborate a bit? Just posting a link and an extract from the article is a bit light to produce meaningful discussion.

What is the point you are trying to make. What is your opinion?

Hmmm, he edited his post to change topics ...

[Edited by - Fruny on January 12, 2006 3:26:38 AM]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
It's obviously a spoof, but I'd have to say that, except for the last two paragraphs, this article hit the nail right on the head regarding the current state of the gaming community. Obviously the jokes are all overexagerated(sp?) but I mean come on:

Quote:From the article
...Sony is expecting to ship over 38 units to the general public next week, and gaming fans are already lining up outside their local Thunderdome waiting for a chance to fight for them.

That's pretty much what happened with the Xbox 360, except for the Thunderdome part, however people went absolutely apeshit over not getting one as soon as they came out. Pretty funny in my opinion, but maybe that's because I'm not too big of a console fan. I expect the same thing will happen with the PS3 when it comes out.

That was just an example from the article, but for those who haven't read it, anything said in that article about Mario is no exageration. [grin]

-AJ
V/R,-AJThere are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement