Sign in to follow this  

3D RTS books

This topic is 4358 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

is there a book available dedicated for developing 3D RTS game? I knw that there is a book for 2D RTS (Strategy Game Programming With Directx 9.0) but the book focuses more on 2D rather than 3D, i want to knw how 3D camera in an 3D RTS are made, 3D Picking, pathfinding in 3D, and most importantly rendering a beautiful and detailed terrain that to be used in the game. i also like to knw how tiles are used in 3D. ive already searched in sites like amazon.com and like and found nothing,maybe perhaps you can suggest a link for a tutorial for this one or a link to a sample perhaps.

All this is not described detailed in one book I'm afraid.

All about the 3D visualisation part is an subject apart. Pathfinding is more on Mathmatical/AI ground and Game Design (like in: gameplay) is also a subject apart.

For the 3D visualisation part, I recommend to drop by on the DirectX forum and then read the Forum FAQ first.

For the pathfinding try these fora:
Math and Physics
Artificial Intelligence

For the gamedesign you can use Game Programming forum and Game Design.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Xeile

This topic is 4358 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.