Classic RPG fight or RT fight?

Started by
23 comments, last by Dynamite 23 years, 2 months ago
You could hit a key (just like magic) to switch between your party memebers, or you could have A.I. control them the way the player sets, or somthing really creative I havent thought out yet.

Edited by - Ferinorius on January 24, 2001 7:15:03 PM
Advertisement
Another cool idea, the other teammates could be A.I. controlled until the player wants to take control of them. This would allow the player or the computer to control them. It would be a really cool system in my opinion.

Neo-Toshi - The City That Never Sleeps
quote:Original post by Ferinorius

Another cool idea, the other teammates could be A.I. controlled until the player wants to take control of them. This would allow the player or the computer to control them. It would be a really cool system in my opinion.

Neo-Toshi - The City That Never Sleeps

by control, do u mean direct control like u have over ur character? like hit a key, and now i''m the next guy? or do u mean like giving orders? i''m leaning towards AI teammates w/ different personalities. they will be able 2 receive orders, but u can''t control them directly. Baldur''s Gate let u control the others. with this style of play(direct control over main char) it would be tricky 4 the player to switch back and forth between players, and the main character might get waxed in the process cuz u r not controlling him.

--I don''t judge, I just observe

Stuck in the Bush''s, Florida
--I don't judge, I just observeStuck in the Bush's, Florida
quote:
... a game where I get to explore as in Ultima 9 or Tomb Raider, and then when battle started, the camera pans round to a side-on view and you get to fight like a beat-em-up game

quote:Original post by Ferinorius

You are walkign along the world map and it goes into battle. THe battle system is a fighting game.

Omikron does this. It''s 1/3 Tomb Raider, 1/3 fighter, and 1/3 FPS. The system is ok, but the story is corny.

-JSwing
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Omikron does this. It''s 1/3 Tomb Raider, 1/3 fighter, and 1/3 FPS. The system is ok, but the story is corny.

-JSwing

what didn''t u like about this. u say it''s ok, what were the flaws?

--I don''t judge, I just observe

Stuck in the Bush''s, Florida
--I don't judge, I just observeStuck in the Bush's, Florida

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement