• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rantrod

How to make VC++ go to a file/line number from an external program?

This topic is 6518 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I explained this very poorly the firt time I posted this, I'm sorry. I read it after I posted it and slapped myself for sounding like an idot. So here again: I want to have a program of mine, outside Visual Studio, to be able to open up a file in Visual Studio and make that file go to a particular line number. I'll give one example of a program that does this. The playstation2 debugging program Prodg. While you're debugging a source file, you can go to a menu and make Prodg open up the source file you are debugging inside VC++, and make VC++ go to the line you are debugging. So how does this totally external program communicate and send commands to Visual Studio? Edited by - rantrod on January 12, 2001 1:19:25 PM

Advertisement
Unless I''m misunderstanding what you''re saying, VC++ has this functionality built in.. Just to to Edit|Go to.. or press Ctrl+G (that''s the default hotkey).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!