• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time for suggestions and bug testers ;)

This topic is 6338 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just released version 1.2b of Wad Maker, my file compression/encrpytion/packaging utility and C++ library. What I''m asking for is people to make suggestions on what needs to be done with the editor and the C++ file, as well as people to report bugs. Also, instead of just helping me, feel free to use the utility in your own programs . You can view the website here: http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/Wad%20Maker/wadmaker_info.htm Or download the zipped program here: http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/files/wmv1.2b.zip The program runs under Win98 and Win2K, if you''re running Win95 or WinME please report how it runs, and maybe a screen shot, so that I can verify that it is the same . The C++ library is compatible with Borland, MSVC++ 6.0, and MingW32, as well as possible other compilers. The library is meant to run in DOS or Windows. If you''re using Borland and wish to use the compression option in Windows you must find the lz32.dll file in your System Root directory, and use implib on it to create a file named lz32.lib. In any compiler you must add this line to the top of your main C++ file or global header to allow your program to comprehend the compressed version of the wad files: #define INCLUDE_MSLZ_COMPRESS Please report errors from the Editor (in the Help menu) or to this address: druidgames@hotmail.com The documentation page will be uploaded again soon, but until then you can use the demo.cpp file in the example directory to demonstrate how to use the wadread.cpp library. Thanks for your time. Good Luck!

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!