Autocomplete in VC++6.0

Started by
6 comments, last by rassiel 23 years, 3 months ago
Is there any way to make vc autocomplete functions declared on external liobraries, really new libraies,not thoseone that it has for default. I''ve installed msdk for dx8 but it still shows me the all directx function but the programs of course, runs. Thanks
Mathematic Student 1st yearHavana University.
Advertisement
Don''t know if there is a better way but what I do is that I manually add the .h-files to the project and then the autocomplete works.

/E
Death is lifes way saying your fired.
Hi, this isnt really in response to the topic but, it is about MVC++ 6. I am thinking about buying a compiler because Dev-C++ is not great and I was wondering what the difference was in the standard eddition and the other ones, i mean can you make exes to distribute with the standard compiler? Just wondering thanks.
quote:
i mean can you make exes to distribute with the standard compiler?

Yes, the one you can''t is with the learning edition. I''m not sure about all of the differences, but I think professional edition comes with a profiler, which is good. I would recommend buying standard ed., then upgrading to prof. ed. later, if for no other reason, than for this: Standard ed. is $100 (US) with a $50 rebate, amounting to $50, the upgrade to prof is about $300, but if you just buy prof ed right out, it''s about $500, so you save about $150 and have two compilers!

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
- Willy Wonka
Stuff the Std Ed. does not include :

1) Optimizing compiler. Not really necessary for beginners but still fun to have.
2) No MFC static linking. Can''t really comment on this. I don''t use MFC much.
3) Profiler. (BitBlt pointed this out already)
4) InstallShield. This sucks anyway. If you need an installation maker, use InnoSetup.
5) Can''t use the Intel C/C++ compiler.

All in all, I still think it''s worth the money.

==========================================
In a team, you either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY.
==========================================In a team, you either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY.
Thanks for the response I think I''ll go ahead and buy it.
Wow..

No optimization at all? Or just a castrated version of whats in the prof edition?
--------------------------I guess this is where most people put a famous quote..."Everything is funnier with monkey''s" - Unknown
quote:Original post by Promiscuous Robot

No optimization at all? Or just a castrated version of whats in the prof edition?

Don''t know about this. You could consider it optimizing in the sense that it can generate P6 code, and it can ''inline any suitable'' functions. Other than that, I don''t think it does anything cutting edge.

The *.exe''s are larger than the Pro version, but speed wise, I don''t see any difference (at least in most cases).

==========================================In a team, you either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement