• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CProgrammer0015

MP3's -> ??? <- MP3's

This topic is 6339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi- Does anyone know the format of an MP3 file and where I can find any information on the compression of MP3''s as well as file format info? Thanks for any help you can offer me! --CProgrammer0015

Advertisement
are you just trying to play them? please tell me that''s not the case. if so, there are many an API that provide this type of service. if you really need the format, a simple search on google provided me with all the info I needed. if you are lookinhg for info like the author, artist, ect, just look up the format on the ID3 tag.

Guest Anonymous Poster
There is a linux GNU program that decods mp3 which is call mp123, it show you how to find the DCT ( not sure it is DCT ) coefficients, how how to use them to compute the original sound.
Of course, it provided with full source.

But, if you code under Win, you should use the DirectShow API.

Another way to play mp3''s in the windows environment that is relatively easy is by using the windows ACM. (Audio Codec Manager or something). The only real stipulation is that the user has an adequate codec.. I''ve used the ACM to encode mp3''s but not to decode, but I''m sure it''s just as easy..

-Zims

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!