• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian Shulman

Advice needed for game language

This topic is 6426 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Curious if Flash5 or C++ would be better/easier/faster to use in writing the following game- Interactive PC Children''s game, very simple, 2D Child spends day at zoo. At start of game, child picks 1 of 40 zoo animals to lead him through the zoo Zoo animal will teach him things about other animals in zoo Child can go back and pick new animal whenever he wants. Would Flash5 or C++ be better?? thanks

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Moderator, plz move this to game design.

I''ll answer the question with a question (or two).

How much programming do you want to do? And do you expect to expand it in the future?

You could easily do this with an existing engine if it''s just putting 2D pics on the screen and a few clickable areas. Take a look at Multimedia Fusion, for example.

That said, there if you are looking to practice your programming skills on the side, then try the C++.

HTH

Thanks for the reply.
I''m really interested in getting someone to write this for me and I''m trying to understand the expertise (multimedia fusion or authorware or shockwave) so that I can contact folks in those areas in order to get an estimate.

Any idea who I can call...a consultant to help with the project?
Preferably someone who has built this type of game before.
thanks again

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!