• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Java IDE Compiler?

This topic is 4383 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everybody, I'm starting to aquaint myself with Java and I wanted to ask a few questions. Do any of you have a prefered Text Editor that perhaps compiles java classes as well? For C++, I use DevC++. I didn't know if there was anything like that for Java as well. Anyways, only looking for input. ~toxic

Advertisement
I would also recommend NetBeans which is free too, and I really recommend JCreator, which is a shareware, but has a very fast IDE, and looks a lot like MSDEV, if you're portig from it.
NetBeans was written in java, JCreator was written in C++.
There is also one called BlueJ, I've heard many nice about it, but never tried it. It is free too. I can't give you a link for neither, but googling up they will return close to first. [wink]

Hi, if this is not for serious development or huge projects. I would recommend textpad... Which can be found here...

http://www.textpad.com/

It's fast and easy. It's like using notepad with a built-in compiler.

JCreator is nice as already been mentioned and the cost for the registered version isn't that much (69 USD), for a free IDE I liked Borland's JBuilder which has the foundation edition available for free and is a very capable IDE with some nice features.

like the others, id recommend eclipse. it also has a nice debugger in there and its free :).

Here's another vote for JCreator. It's a solid and lightweight IDE.

Add a vote for Eclipse. It's as close to the .NET development environment that you can get with Java. It even has advantages in some areas ;) My personal favorite is the automatic compile error detections in real-time (as you type).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement