Core Clock

Started by
5 comments, last by Guoshima 18 years, 2 months ago
Hello, I just ran the new 3D Mark 06 and was rather dissapointed by my results. I compared my results with others, and the main difference I saw was the core clock speed of my GPU. I have a 7800 GT, and 3D Mark says my core clock is 8, while that of another guy was 468 Mhz. What is this and how can I boost this ?? Regards, Kenzo
Advertisement
8 is wrong!

I don't know why it says it, maybe the software is having problems recognising the hardware but that is wrong.

Try getting the latest drivers for the hardware and the latest 3D Mark, see if that helps.

Dave
If it was a car, it'd have been rpm. It's basically the ticking of its internal clock. Each clock cycle, it can do x amount of work (x is more or less constant for cards of the same type. Other cards might be able to do more or less work per cycle). At 468mhz, it can do 468 million cycles per second. (There's a bit more to it than this, but that's the general idea)
and how can I get this data from my graphics card, because I tried to download the latest drivers and I am still getting 8. Is something wrong with my card ?

Regards,
Kenzo
Run AquaMark as well, see if your scores are reasonable there or not. That will tell you if it's 3D Mark's fault.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Don't worry, nothing is wrong. I've got a ASUS V9999 (GF6800nu) and it reports the same low values, in both 05 and 06, but I think its correct in 03 for some reason.

Its either some wierd bug with 3D mark / nvidia drivers, or perhaps something to do with underclockkng the GPU whilst in 2d mode (which is when the application appears to check the values), although such a low value is also a bit odd.

Anyway to check your cards actual values there are a number of programs you can use rivatuner or Coolbits (guru3d downloads page)
, Everest, or SiSoftware Sandra might.

To determine whether you're card is underperforming you should post you actual 3dmark06 scores or even a link to your project. Don't think you'll get scores as high as those on futuremark though, as the top scores are only achievable through extreme overclocking. In addition watch out for comparing you score against a SLI combination (2 cards working together) and to a certain degree against better cpu's (dual/64bit etc).

As you can see here stats a standard non-modded 7800GTX will get about 4k, so i'd expect your GT to achieve somewhere around 3-4k. For comparrision my gf6800 only manages 1800, although my cpu lets the overall score down.

Hope this helps

[Edited by - noisecrime on January 19, 2006 3:51:31 PM]
hello .. thx for the reply. I got a score of about 3500 I think, so I don't have to worry then :)

Regards,Kenzo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement